The end result of all this is that Honda has indeed created a sporty hybrid. The CR-Z looks sharp and is fun to drive around town thanks to its small size and quick steering. There is certainly fun to be had on a curvy road, too. View our new inventory here!
Specifications, Trim Levels, and Features
- 122 horsepower (estimated) @ 6000 rpm (combined engine + IMA)
- 128 lb-ft. of torque (estimated) @ 1,000 - 1,500 rpm (123 lb-ft. for CVT), (combined engine + IMA)
- AT-PZEV CARB Emissions Rating
- EPA Estimated Fuel Economy, CVT (City/Highway/Combined): 35/39/37 miles per gallon 
- EPA Estimated Fuel Economy, MT (City/Highway/Combined): 31/37/34 miles per gallon 
- Overall Vehicle Length x Width x Height (in): 160.6 x 68.5 x 54.9 (including antenna)
- Wheelbase (in.): 95.8
- Weight (lbs., preliminary estimates): Approximately 2,670 (MT) to 2,725 (CVT)
- 3-Mode Drive System (Sport/Normal/ECON)
- Eco Assist? System
- 6-Speed Manual Transmission (standard)
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with Paddle Shifter System (available)
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering? (ACE?) Body Structure
- Vehicle Stability Assist? (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Automatic Climate Control
- 16-inch Alloy Wheels
- Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column
- Security System with Remote Entry
- Cruise Control
- 160-Watt AM/FM/CD Audio System with MP3/windows with MP3/Windows Media® Audio (WMA) playback capability and 6 Speakers 
- MP3/Auxiliary Input Jack
- Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® with Steering Wheel-Mounted Controls 
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System? with Voice Recognition (Available) 
- High-Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlights with Auto-On/Off
- Fog Lights
- Perforated Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Aluminum Shift Knob with Leather (6MT)
- Textured Aluminum Pedals
- 360-Watt AM/FM/CD Premium Audio System with MP3/Windows Media® Audio (WMA) playback capability and 7 Speakers including Subwoofer
The EX can also be equipped with a voice-activated navigation system. Notable dealer-installed features include 17-inch wheels, performance tires and satellite radio.
Under the hood is Honda's familiar Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) mild-hybrid system. For more punch, the CR-Z starts with a slightly bigger gasoline engine than the Insight (1.5 liters vs 1.3) that produces 112 horsepower and 107 pound-feet of torque. The electric motor is the same and generates another 13 hp and 58 lb-ft. Notably, Honda is offering a six-speed manual transmission in addition to the more hybrid-typical continuously variable transmission (CVT). The CVT variant returns an estimated 35 mpg city and 39 mpg highway.
|Model||Transmission||MSRP||EPA** City/Hwy/ |
|CR-Z EX with Navigation||MT||$22,560||31/37/34|
|CR-Z EX with Navigation||CVT||$23,210||35/39/37|
|*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $750 destination charge and options. Dealer prices may vary.|
**Based on 2011 EPA mileage estimates. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
 All specifications represent preliminary estimates provided by Honda. Final specifications are subject to change.
 35 city/39 hwy/37 combined for CVT models. 31 city/37 hwy/34 combined for 6MT models. Based on 2011 EPA mileage estimates. Use for comparison purposes only. Do not compare to models before 2008. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
 Windows Media® is a trademark or registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
 The USB Audio Interface is used for direct connection to and control of some current digital audio players and other USB devices that contain MP3, WMA or AAC music files. Some USB devices with security software and digital rights-protected files may not work. Please see your Honda dealer for details.
 The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks by Honda Motor Co., Ltd., is under license.
 The Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System? is available on EX models in the United States, except Alaska. Please see your Honda dealer for details.
Information displayed on this page is courtesy of Honda